Tuesday, November 20, 2012

PEACE

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 4:6-7)

Have you ever had a circumstance that you didn't understand? You tried viewing it from every possible perspective. You started to ask, “What are they thinking? Why did they do that? How could this happen? Don't they know _____? Why God?"

When I experience confusion because I don't understand the plan God has I have to hold on to the promises of His word. In my post today I want to offer encouragement through some promises found in the Scriptures. My prayer is that you allow these precious promises to take root in your heart and allow healing and peace to comfort your mind and spirit.

* God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. (1. Cor. 14:33)

*God loves you. (John 3:16)

*God wants the best for your life. (John 10:10)

*God knows what the future holds and He has thoughts of peace and hope towards you. (Jer. 29:11)

*God wants us to enjoy the life He has given us. (1 Tim. 6:17)

Wow! Those promises are powerful.

Prayer- "God I know the confusion I am feeling is not from you Father, or what you desire for my life. Thank you for allowing me to grow though the confusion and to trust you more with perfect peace that passes all understanding. I am overwhelmed by your love for me and your desire for your best in my life. I put my trust in a God who knows the future and thinks good thoughts towards me. Thank you for the life that you have given me to enjoy. May I use this precious life to bring glory and honor to your name. Amen"

When nothing else in life makes sense and I am surrounded by confusion I can hold tight to the promises that in the end it will all work for good (Romans 8:28). A long time ago a friend said to me "If it is not all good then it is not the end!"

Hold on to the Promises and let the peace that passes all understand keep and guard your hearts.














Picture-http://christthetruth.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/passeth-all-understanding/

1 comment: