Monday, June 17, 2013

What Faith Can Do: Eph. 3:20-21



Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end.
Ephesians 3:20-21.

Some times in our relationship with Christ we pray about something and then when God answers the prayer we are surprised...

We pray for our requests but don't really believe that God will answer it. I am going to brag on God a little for some of the answered prayers in my life recently.


About six months ago we prayed about buying a house. We researched online and drove around local neighborhoods.Then, one day we met a realor at our friend's Memorial Day BBQ. He worked to help us find a house in the nieghborhood and price range we wanted. 





During the process we saw God work time and time again as He provided the money for a down payment, worked through the red tape of buying a foreclosed property, and the insureance debackle after we closed. He did a great work during this time in our lives and I want to give him the glory for that!







Also, my husband (Keep The Walk) and I had been praying for a little over a year to see if it was God's timing for us to start a family. I was starting to become discouraged and started to wonder if something was wrong. Would God choose for us to grow through infertility?... If we were blessed to have a child would the baby have special needs (there is two generations of Downs Sydrome in my family)?... Would I have an easy pregnancy?...Would I have a safe and natual delivery?...



God is working exceeding abundantly above all that we could ask or think! I am 6 months pregant and have had a pretty easy pregnancy. Also, we are expecting a healthy baby boy who is DS free and I do not have the dormant genetic gene for DS. Lastly I am excerising my faith and giving God control of the details for a safe and natual delivery.





2 comments:

  1. Hello. I'm looking for an Alex Marie who wrote an article called "Remembering Original Glory." I found it years ago at www.alexmariewrites but now cannot find it. I am using a beautiful quote from it in my book and would like to give proper attribution to its author. Is this the same Alex Marie? Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I'm looking for an Alex Marie who wrote an article called "Remembering Original Glory." I found it years ago at www.alexmariewrites but now cannot find it. I am using a beautiful quote from it in my book and would like to give proper attribution to its author. Is this the same Alex Marie? Thank you for your time. ~ Robin Melvin

    ReplyDelete